Winter Storm Grayson Preps Vermont for an Epic MLK Weekend
Winter Storm Grayson has officially arrived in the Green Mountain State and with him he’s brought over a foot of snow in 24 hours. This abundant natural snowfall paired with world-class snowmaking makes Vermont’s base one of the strongest in the country and will allow for prime conditions on 100% open terrain as visitors arrive for Martin Luther King Jr. weekend.
Winter Storm Grayson’s impact (Snow Totals as of 7:30 AM on 1/5/2018)
- Jay Peak Resort: 12"- 14" in the past 24 hrs
- Burke Mountain: 12" in the past 24 hrs
- Killington Resort: 12" in the past 24 hrs
- Pico Mountain: 12" in the past 24 hrs
- Smugglers' Notch Resort: 12" in the past 24 hrs
- Magic Mountain: 10" in the past 24 hrs
- Bolton Valley: 8"- 10" in the past 24 hrs
- Mad River Glen: 8"- 10" in the past 24 hrs
- Mount Snow Resort: 9" in the past 24 hrs
- Sugarbush Resort: 8" in the past 24 hrs
- Bromley Mountain: 6"- 9" in the past 24 hrs
- Stratton Mountain Resort: 7" in the past 24 hrs
- Okemo Mountain Resort: 5"- 7" in the past 24 hrs
- Stowe Mountain Resort: 4"- 5" in the past 24 hrs
- Wild Wings Touring Center: 12" in the past 24 hrs
- Kingdom Trail Association: 8” in the past 24 hrs
- Craftsbury Outdoor Center: 7" in the past 24 hrs
- Mountain Top Inn and Resort: 6” in the past 24 hrs
- Rikert Nordic Center: 6” in the past 24 hrs
- Trapp Family Lodge Outdoor Center: 6” in the past 24 hrs
While this storm brings wind and a chill on its heels, temperatures start to level out on Sunday and are expected to remain comfortable throughout the week and into MLK weekend. The forecast is also calling for additional snow on Monday and later in the week, adding more incentive for skiers and riders to get to Vermont this month.
On top of epic conditions, Vermont resorts provide amenities, events and deals to entertain skiers and riders. Guests can choose to warm up with indoor activities like laser tag, yoga, waterparks, climbing walls, shopping, movie showings and never-ending dining and beverage options. Over the holiday weekend, visitors can enjoy concerts, firework shows, ice skating, competitions, and more. For a full list view the Ski Vermont’s events calendar.
Guests can also save up to 30% or more by purchasing life tickets ahead of time, or by booking lodging, lift tickets and lessons together with discount ski & stay packages. Explore deals on lodging, lift tickets and more at skivermont.com/deals.