Maple sugaring is a rite of early spring in Vermont, a time-honored process filled with the traditions of hard work and social gatherings in the steaming sugarhouse, and the careful stewardship of the sugar maple woods over generations.
Your visit to Smugglers' Notch Resort during our MapleFest Celebration will immerse you in the traditions of the sugaring season, right in the geographic heart of Vermont's renowned maple syrup production. You'll even see sap lines at the resort that collect for a nearby sugarhouse!
Smugglers' is your comfortable and convenient home base for visits to sugarhouses where you'll learn about the process directly from enthusiastic maple sugarmakers. From snowshoe and walking treks, to specialty food and beverage samplings, to special dining options at our restaurants, you'll find so much that is maple-themed.
Plan on enjoying days filled with excitement, learning and fun that will leave you with your sweetest vacation memories ever!
Your Vermont MapleFest Celebration features the following, complimentary with your SmuggsPass*:
• Tours of local maple sugarhouses
• Daily sampling of maple products at our Country Store - from maple smoked cheese to maple pretzels!
• Learning about the maple sugaring process with a visit to Father Winter's slopeside tipi
• Learning about a small-scale sugaring demonstration at our Nordic Center Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
• Thursday MapleFest Winter Carnival featuring games, sugar on snow, and maple-infused food and beverages. Sampling for ages 11 & older highlights award-winning maple enhanced Vermont spirits.
• Maple themed activity books for children
• Maple welcome gift
Additional unique activities (fee-based):
• Guided maple-themed snowshoe or walking treks (1 hour trek/all ages; 2 hour trek/ages 10 & older)
• Summit dining snowshoe trek (Tuesday evening)
• 80-minute Maple Sugar Meltdown body treatment incorporating massage, body scrub, hot stone relaxation, and body butter (by appointment)
Maple adventures in our local area:
Enjoy the Boyden Winery's Maple Sugar Festival, delicious maple dining specials at restaurants, maple products, and more.
Vacation package rates start at $99 per night per youth (ages 3-17) and $129 per night per adult, with lodging, family & adult entertainment, use of the pool, and lift tickets included.
*A SmuggsPass is included with Smugglers' family vacation packages. Our vacation ownership guests may purchase a SmuggsPass to enjoy expanded access to many of our programs and facilities.