Vermont Specialty Food & Beverage Vendors Tour the State’s Ski and Snowboard Resorts
From Vermont’s highly recognizable brands like Cabot Cheese, Ben & Jerry’s and Vermont maple syrup to local goodies like Kimball Brook Farm chocolate milk and Gringo Jack’s chips and salsa, enjoy all the flavors of Vermont during the Ski Vermont 2016 Specialty Food Day tour. This season Ski Vermont’s marketing partners Long Trail Brewery, Vermont Spirits and Woodchuck Cider will bring an added element to the tour with beer, cider and spirits tasting.
“The Specialty Food Day tour is one of our favorite programs. It’s so great to offer samples of Vermont’s delicious treats to skiers and riders and show them the community that is Vermont.” said Sarah Wojcik of Ski Vermont. “We’re also excited to add Long Trail and Woodchuck to the tour this year and a fun new contest. We’re expecting that skiers and riders will discover how well our food and beverages pair together and want to share it with their online community.”
Specialty Food Days for 2016 are scheduled for:
- Tuesday, January 26, 2016: Mad River Glen Resort’s Roll Back the Clock Day
- Friday, January 29, 2016: Jay Peak Resort’s Farmer Appreciation Day
- Saturday, February 6, 2016: Magic Mountain
- RESCHEDULED! Now Thursday, February 18, 2016: Smugglers’ Notch Resort
- Saturday, February 20, 2016: Quechee Ski Area
- Saturday, February 27, 2016: Middlebury College Snow Bowl’s Winter Carnival
- Saturday, March 5, 2016: Pico Mountain
- Saturday, March 12, 2016: Killington Resort
- Saturday, March 19, 2016: Sugarbush Resort, Sugartime Festival
- Sunday, March 20, 2016: Bolton Valley, Passholder Appreciation Day
- Saturday, March 26, 2016: Stratton Mountain Resort
- Saturday, April 2, 2016: Okemo Mountain Resort, Mini Brew Fest
Skiers and riders can participate in a contest this year during Ski Vermont’s Specialty Food Day tour. Samplers will be encouraged to take photos of their food and beverage experiences and tag them #SnackSkiVT on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Ski Vermont will draw four winners over the course of the tour. Winners will receive swag bags that include lift tickets and products from Burton, anon., Rossignol, Skida, Long Trail, Vermont Spirits and other specialty food vendors.
Returning Vermont food vendors include: Cabot Cheese, Vermont Maple Syrup Makers Association, Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, Keurig Green Mountain coffee, Kimball Brook Farms chocolate milk, Gringo Jack’s chips and salsa, Vermont Spirits, It’s Arthur’s Fault sauces, and Ambrosia Confections. New vendors include Long Trail Brewing, Woodchuck Cider, Small Batch Organics, Karen’s Artisan Popcorn, and Fortuna Sausage.