From Vermont’s highly recognizable brands like Cabot Cheese, Ben & Jerry’s and Vermont maple syrup to local goodies like Kimball Brook Farm chocolate milk and Gringo Jack’s chips and salsa, enjoy all the flavors of Vermont during the Ski Vermont 2017 Specialty Food Day Tour. This season Ski Vermont’s marketing partners Long Trail Brewery, Woodchuck Cider, Silo Vodka, Mad River Distillers and Caledonia Spirits will bring an added element to the tour with beer, cider and spirits tasting.
“The Specialty Food Days Tour is such an exciting program to oversee,” said Adam Rowe, Marketing Manager at Ski Vermont. “We have some great new spirit sponsors lined up for the 2016-17 season, and some of the best local food producers in Vermont. I can’t wait to watch the skiers and riders enjoy this year’s offerings and tell others about it online through our #SnackSkiVT contest.”
Specialty Food Days for 2017 are scheduled for:
- Saturday, January 14, 2017: Quechee Ski Area
- Friday, January 27, 2017: Jay Peak Resort
- Saturday, January 28, 2017: Burke Mountain Resort
- Tuesday, January 31, 2017: Mad River Glen
- Saturday, February 11, 2017: Bromley Mountain
- Saturday, February 18, 2017: Middlebury College Snow Bowl
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017: Smugglers' Notch Resort
- Friday, February 24, 2017: Okemo Mountain Resort
- Saturday, March 4, 2017: Pico Mountain
- Sunday, March 5, 2017: Magic Mountain
- Saturday, March 11, 2017: Killington Resort
- Saturday, March 18, 2017: Sugarbush Resort
- Sunday, March 19, 2017: Bolton Valley
- Saturday, March 25, 2017: Stratton Mountain Resort
- Saturday, April 8, 2017: Stowe Mountain Resort
Skiers and riders can participate in a contest this year during Ski Vermont’s Specialty Food Day tour. Samplers will be encouraged to take photos of their food and beverage experiences and tag them #SnackSkiVT on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Ski Vermont will choose one winner at the end of the season and send them a prize bag full of swag from Ski Vermont partners and two lift tickets for the 2017-18 season.
Returning Vermont food vendors include: Cabot Cheese, Vermont maple syrup makers, Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, Kimball Brook Farms chocolate milk, Gringo Jack’s chips and salsa, Karen’s Artisan Popcorn, It’s Arthur’s Fault sauces, and Ambrosia Confections. New vendors include Vermont Peanut Butter Company, Caledonia Spirits, Mad River Distillers and SILO Distillery.