Ski Vermont Specialty Food Tour Brings Taste of Green Mountain State to Ski Areas
The Vermont Ski Areas Association will once again help deliver a taste of the Green Mountain State to ski areas this winter by offering skiers and riders samples of a variety of treats and libations at scheduled stops on the Ski Vermont Specialty Food Tour.
Well-established Vermont landmark products available include Cabot award-winning cheddar cheese and Ben & Jerry’s ice cream. Additional Vermont specialty food producers including Barr Hill Distillery, Silo Distillery, Mad River Distillers, Ambrosia Chocolates and Confections, West River Creamery, goodMix Superfoods, MOCO Hot Cocoa, Vermont Barrel-Aged Hot Sauce, Kimball Brook Farm, Wood’s Syrup, It’s Arthur’s Fault, Vermont Maple Granola, Garuka Bars and SAP! will join the tour to showcase their assortment of products.
“The Ski Vermont Specialty Food Tour brings an important element of the Vermont experience directly to skiers and snowboarders throughout the state,” said Molly Mahar, president of the Vermont Ski Areas Association/Ski Vermont. “The Vermont brand, whether skiing, dining or specialty products, is synonymous with authenticity, creativity and quality and there is a strong alliance between skiing and agriculture in this state. We want visitors to experience the best of our hearty, healthy Vermont way of life on the slopes and in our community restaurants and markets.”
The combination of unique foods and beverages and the distinctive settings of Vermont ski areas adds to the allure of the events.
“Our guests are always thrilled to be able to taste and purchase local products slopeside, while still in their ski or snowboard gear,” said Adam Rowe, marketing manager for VSSA.
Ski Vermont Specialty Food Tour 2019
- Jay Peak Resort - Friday, Jan. 25
- Burke Mountain - Saturday, Jan. 26
- Mad River Glen - Tuesday, Jan. 29
- Killington Resort - Saturday, Feb. 9
- Pico Mountain - Sunday, Feb. 10
- Middlebury Snow Bowl - Saturday, Feb. 16
- Smugglers’ Notch Resort - Tuesday, Feb. 19
- Okemo Mountain Resort - Friday, Feb. 22
- Bromley Mountain - Saturday, Feb. 23
- Trapp Family Lodge - Saturday, March 9
- Magic Mountain - Sunday, March 10
- Sugarbush Resort - Saturday, March 16
- Stratton Mountain Resort - Saturday, March 23
- Bolton Valley Resort - Sunday, March 31