March Events: Longer Days Allow More Time for Fun!
March is certainly going out like a lamb. Longer, sunnier days are making for great goggle tans. There are still tons of fun activities going on throughout the Green Mountains. From Brewfests to Pondskims, Vermont ski areas do it all!
- March 23: Vermont Brewers Festival -- The Vermont Brewers Association is pleased to announce the return of the Vermont Brewers Festival. For the last 25 years, the Association has been running a successful event on the waterfront in Burlington, VT. Now, we are bringing a second festival to the picturesque mountain setting of Killington Resort.
Enjoy exclusive beers created collaboratively by our Vermont brewers. Embrace the elements with this all outdoor winter-themed festival at the base area of the K-1 lodge at Killington. Sit by the fire pits with the brewers who host this event while enjoying the option of a 3, 6, or 9 oz samples of beer. Visit Killington.com/brewfest for the full schedule.
March 23-24: Donna Weinbrecht Mogul Camp -- Killington skiers have a one-of-a-kind chance to rock the bumps with Olympic gold medalist and world champion mogul skier Donna Weinbrecht and Killington’s top coaches—available to men and women. The camp will focus on preparation for the Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge from the Outer Limits expert herself.
Donna Weinbrecht grew up in New Jersey where she co-founded her high school ski team, but it was at Killington where the Jersey Girl with the signature blonde ponytail learned to handle moguls. This pioneer of mogul skiing would go on to climb historic heights that many believe will never be equaled. In addition to winning the first Olympic Gold awarded for mogul skiing at the 1992 Albertville Games, Donna has won every major accolade in her sport. Visit Killington.com/mogul-camp for details.
- March 30: Hibernation Park Jam -- Another great season with Killington Parks is once again coming to an end. Before we put the metal back in the shop, come lap the parks for one last spring event. Soft landings, good vibes, goggle tans and lunch are all on the agenda. Come shred with us, take home some prizes, and send Killington Parks out in style! For the full schedule visit Killington.com/things-to-do.
March 24 - 25: Maple Sugar Festival at Boyden Valley Winery - The Boyden Valley Winery will host a variety of special activities from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm including sugar on snow and maple syrup sample tastings. Stay for lunch with Skinny Pancake or Pie Empire (European-style meat and veggie hand pies). Maple Cocktail Tasting with recipes available, Maple Milkshakes made with Vermont Ice Maple Crème (21+ only) or Boyden Maple Syrup (all ages), and My Little Cupcake mini cupcakes made with Boyden maple syrup with every paid wine tasting and available for individual purchase while they last! Free parking, no admission fee.
- March 30: Smugglers' Notch 24th Annual BrewFest Part 2 - Sample the finest in craft beers and regional favorites, plus ciders! Enjoy samples from 2 Roads Brewing, Ballast Point, Clown Shoes, Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, Spiked Seltzer, Stone Brewing, Stony Creek, and Ten Barrel. If your tastes run closer to home, don't miss samples from Vermont's own 14th Star, Boyden Valley Winery and Cidery, Harpoon, Long Trail, Magic Hat, Otter Creek, Shed, and Zero Gravity.
- A DJ spins the tunes and the Resort's Mountain Grille puts on a tasty appetizer buffet, plus munchies and prizes. From 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm in the Meeting House. Tickets are available at the door. $22 entry includes 8 samples and a souvenir sampling glass. 21 & older, please. BrewFest group lodging packages are available for groups of 20 or more; please call 800-521-0536.
There’s much more going on, so be sure to head to http://bit.ly/2H4kNjb for the full schedule.
Magic Mountain Ski Area
- March 22: Free Ski Day For All! - All day you can ski for FREE at Magic Mountian. Visit Magicmtn.com/calendar/ for details.
- March 23: March Spring Fling - A celebration of spring skiing!
- Fun race on Show Off Sunshine Corner Bar and BBQ! 10:30am start (9-10am registration)
- Cook out at Sunshine Corner (12pm-2pm)
- Shovel Race on Tube Park at 2pm
- Flamingo Toss from Red Chair (3pm)
- Apres ski party with Kevin Shields 3-6pm
- Live Band Sean K Preston and Loaded Pistols at 8pm
- March 23: Shovel Race! - A single course exhibition. One competitor at a time on the race course. Competitors will race during their scheduled category time. All categories complete one run, and then return to the start to complete their second scheduled run. Visit Magicmtn.com/calendar/ for details, times, and admission fees.
- March 22-24: Bud Light Reggaefest - Sink or Skim pond skimming competition on Saturday, and Duct Tape Derby on Sunday, live reggae music throughout the weekend in the base area
- March 30: 11th Annual Winter Brewers Festival - a one day festival with 25+ breweries and live music on Main Street. Find the full list of events at mountsnow.com/events/calendar
- March 23: Annual Pond Skim -- Surf’s Up this Spring during the annual pond skim event at Burke Mountain. Easily one of the best events of the season, the 31st annual pond skim will bring the best Hawaiian shirts, grass skirts, board shorts, shark repellent, beach towels, you name it. Hang’n ten might be hard but only the brave will charge the pond. 1st place will receive a 2019+20 winter season pass! After the king & queen of the pond are crowned we’ll be dancing the evening away with free live music in the Burke Mountain Hotel Day Lodge featuring Nobby Reed from 4:30-7:30pm. Complete details can be found at skiburke.com/events
- March 24: Sunday Morning Skill Sessions - Adult Ski Clinic - Upper Mountain Skill Improvement (Woods, Bumps, Steeps) Sunday, March 24 from 10am-12pm.
- Please contact the Snow Sports Learning Center at (802) 626-7348 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
- March 23: Okemo Spring Demo – This event is open to the public and features top brands of the latest gear from a variety of ski, snowboard and snowshoe companies. Snowsports enthusiasts can visit the demo tent area to test-drive the latest in equipment at no charge. A credit card and signed waiver is required. 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Presented by Mary W Davis Realtor and Associates Inc.
- March 23: Okemo `80s Retro Jam – It’s time to break out those old acid-washed jeans, your brightest neon and smoothest on-snow moves. Okemo revisits the 1980s, from 1 to 4 p.m., with a retro celebration and on-snow competition of rad skills. Registration is free for anyone dressed in totally righteous ski clothes. Visit okemo.com for more information. Presented by Rockstar Energy Drink.
- March 30: Okemo Hops on the Snow – This one-day beer festival takes place on snow in the Jackson Gore Courtyard from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Okemo will be serving 10 new seasonal beers. Enjoy beautiful spring conditions on the hill in the morning, then quench your thirst by sampling a few brews and barbecue with live music in the afternoon. Presented by Mary W. Davis Realtor & Associates Inc.
- March 23-24: Island Weekend – at Lincoln Peak
- March 30: The Mt. Ellen Ender – at Mt. Ellen Base Lodge
- March 31: Dummy Big Air at Mt. Ellen
For the full schedule and details of events visit Sugarbush.com/events
- March 30: Mad River Glen Triple Crown Competition -- The fabled Mad River Glen Triple Crown has a new format for 2019 with all three events happening over three consecutive days. It will be the Unconventional Terrain Competition on Saturday, the Mogul Challenge on Sunday and the Vertical Challenge on Monday. Do you have what it takes to be crowned MRG’s best skier?
To see the full line up of events visit MadRiverGlen.com/events
- March 24: Subaru & Hyundai Day -- If you're a Subaru or Hyundai owner, prepare for some fantastic news. Once again, Bolton Valley will host four special days for Subaru and Hyundai owners. Each day will include a different lift ticket deal for owners with a valid registration. On 1/13 and 3/24, the promotion will allow owners to receive up to (4) All Access full day lift tickets at 50% off the current rate for that day. On 1/25 and 2/12, receive one complimentary ticket with the opportunity to purchase (3) additional tickets at 50% off. AND, all season long Subaru and Hyundai customers will receive a 10% discount on a Ski and Stay Package. Holidays included! Cool car and great skiing and riding? Thanks Subaru and Hyundai!
- March 30-31: Spring Thing Weekend (80's Theme) -- 11am - 2pm Outdoor snow bar and barbecue this year's Spring Thing will feature live music on the slopes, 1980s theme throughout the weekend with costume contest Saturday afternoon. Events: Slopestyle event in Valley Road, Banked Slalom event, Scavenger hunts for young children and one geared toward older kids as well.