Golf Operations in Full Swing at Vermont Ski Areas
Golf operations are in full swing at ski areas across Vermont.
State residents and out-of-state visitors in compliance with the latest travel regulations can enjoy outings at a number of premier golf courses at or near Vermont ski areas:
The golf courses at the Quechee Club are open. The club is following all of the recommended safety protocols for golf utilizing the “no touch” approach and only allowing one person to ride in a golf cart (unless the second person is living within the same household), sanitizing all carts and have removed most touch points on the golf courses, such as trap rakes, ball washers, divot bottles and boxes, etc.
Currently, the club only has grab-and-go food items at the halfway houses and no sit-down dining services available nor any other amenities besides tennis available. The hope is that the remaining restrictions are lifted before the major summer season to allow for a return to more normal activities at the club, but that remains to be determined.
The Ralph Myhre Golf Course in Middlebury has been open since May 7 with a number of restrictions and precautions.
These are a few highlights for current “Park and Play” operations:
1. Arrive no more than 10 minutes before your scheduled tee time. If you arrive early, please wait in your car.
2. The driving range and practice green are limited to four people at a time to ensure social distancing.
3. You must have a scheduled tee time. Walk-ons, early and late rounds are not permitted at this time.
4. One person per cart, unless you live in the same household.
5. There are limited facilities available at this time. Please use only the restroom located upstairs through the front entrance.
6. No more than four people to a group. This includes friends and spectators even if they are not playing.
7. If you have recently been out of state, you must self-quarantine for 14 days before visiting us.
8. No Rental clubs, push carts or demos are available.
9. Do not touch the flag stick or anything else on the course. Our holes have been equipped with pool noodles to eliminate common touch points.
10. Retail purchase must be made over the phone, so plan ahead and purchase your tees, balls, gloves or other needs with us in advance. 802-443-5125
In general, please follow all social distancing recommendations at all times.
Stratton Mountain Resort
Stratton opened for golf Friday, May 22, with tee times from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily except Tuesdays.
Tee times must be booked in advance by calling 1-800-STRATTON. Masks are required at check-in and when social distancing not possible. Limited services are available.
The Sugarbush Resort Golf Club opened on Saturday, May 23, with tee times starting at 9 a.m.
Sugarbush is committed to the health of its staff and golfers and is strictly following the guidelines set forth by the State of Vermont. Out-of-state guests must have completed a 14-day self-quarantine prior to participation. For more information and the full details on new safety rules, be sure to visit the resort’s website:
Killington Resort opened its 18-hole golf course on Saturday, May 23. The course will remain open daily through October 12 — conditions permitting — with tee times available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. At this time, walk-ins are not permitted. All guests must reserve and pay for their tee time in advance.
Smugglers' Notch Resort
Smugglers' opened the Brewster Ridge Disc Golf Course for the season on Friday, May 22. In compliance with social distancing requirements, the resort is asking participants to please limit group size to 4 people or less and to call ahead to set up a tee time prior to arrival at the course.
Call (802) 644-2477 to set up a tee time or e-mail DiscGolf@Smuggs.com
Magic Mountain National Disc Golf Course is open from June 20 through Oct. 31. Due to COVID-19, Magic will be moving to touchless payment. Until such time as directed by the state, the disc golf course is for Vermonters and those who have been staying in Vermont who have quarantined for 14 days or are coming from out-of-state from counties with similar per capita infection rates per the state website.
Other regulations and procedures can be found here: https://magicmtn.com/disc-golf/
The Sun Mountain features an 18-hole, lift-served, disc golf course designed for beginners and experts alike. The course map can be viewed here: https://www.bromley.com/uploaded/files/2019_disc_golf_map.pdf
Full details, regulations and rates can be found here: https://www.bromley.com/the-mountain/attractions/woods-and-meadows-disc-golf/
Information on disc golf operations at Bolton Valley can be found here: https://www.boltonvalley.com/summer/disc-golf/