Fall Events and Activities at Vermont Ski Areas
Autumn in Vermont is hard to beat. Fall foliage, brewfests and flannels make for the quintessential New England experience. Many of Vermont's ski areas will be hosting brewfests and Octoberfests as well as providing scenic chairlift rides for leaf peeping.
- World Ride Movie Night and Bike Rides: World Ride is hosting a movie night at Bolton Valley Resort on September 11th. Come check out Bolton’s new bike trails and enjoy a night of bike movies! This event is open for everyone and we will have group rides for ALL abilities. Movie tickets are $10 per person. All proceeds will go directly towards World Ride. 50% of LIFT TICKET sales from Bolton will be donated towards World Ride! Visit BoltonValley.com for details.
- Yoga Night at the Sports Center: Join us for Yoga Night with instructor Colleen at The Sports Center at 6:00 pm. $12 a person, free for hotel guests. Vinyasa Flow Yoga ~ A Vinyasa yoga class where we will focus on linking our breath to our movement as we seamlessly flow from one pose to the next to attain balance in the mind and body.
Visit BoltonValley.com for the full events calendar.
- Bromley Adventure Park's Hours of Operation have changed. Bromley is now open only on weekends through October 11.
- Mountain Adventure Park: open weekends only through October 11.
- Aerial Adventure Park: open weekends only through October 11.
- Disc Golf: open weekends only through October 11.
- Live Music on the Sun Deck: Jack Waldheim will perform from 1 - 4 P.M. on Saturday, October 9.
Visit Bromley.com for details.
- The Burke Bike Park: will change to late season hours starting September 11 & 12. Park will be open weekends only through October 11 from 10 A.M. to 5 P.M.
- Best Whip Contest: On October 11, celebrate the end of our downhill mountain biking season in style. A $10 entry fee could win you a smorgasbord of awesome prizes, not to mention a possible sweet photo op. You'll be judged on amplitude, execution, and style. For more info visit SkiBurke.com.
- The Pump House Waterpark: will be open Friday - Sunday through September and open Thursday - Sunday through October. Visit JayPeakResort.com for full operating hours.
- October 16: 12th Annual Bean & Brew Festival: Jay Peak's annual Bean and Brew Festival features locally-roasted coffees coupled with New England’s finest beers, ciders, and more. Quench your thirst and come the Stateside Base Lodge to enjoy coffee and beer sampling while listening to live music and playing lawn games. Live Music by Jacob Green Blues Band and Shake from noon to 6 P.M. Visit JayPeakResort.com for tickets and details.
- KSC Monster Ski, Snowboard & Bike Sale - October 8 - 10: The Monster Ski, Snowboard & Bike Sale hosted by the Killington Ski Club will return for another year to help get you geared up for this upcoming season. Please join us Indigenous Peoples Day weekend, October 8-10, for unbelievable deals on new and used ski and snowboard equipment, along with a great selection of street and mountain bikes.
- Harvest Faire - October 9: Come and enjoy fall in the mountains with amazing food, fun, and games for the whole family to enjoy! We will have live music with The Gully Boys, craft beer and family favorites like pumpkin painting, horse drawn hay rides, apple launching, and stein hoisting. Admission for the event is free.
- Wobbly Barn Halloween Party - October 30: The legendary spine-chilling Wobbly Barn Nightclub opens its doors October 30 for the most thrilling Halloween costume party in town! We're kicking off the Wobbly Barn Nightclub season with the wizardly skills of DJ Stevie B on the 1's & 2's. You won't want to vanish on this night as there will be plenty of tricks and treats to be had on the spookiest night of the year! Door proceeds benefit the Killington Volunteer Fire Department. Costumes are required for admission and it's worth putting some thought into it because there are big prizes on the line. Best Costume - Killington Season Pass. Best Couple - 2 Season Passes to Pico Mountain. Best Group - Dinner at the Wobbly Barn.
- Mountain Biking: The Bike Park will be open daily through October 11 from 10 A.M. - 5 P.M. From October 15 - 31, the Bike Park will only be open Friday - Sunday 10 A.M. - 5 P.M.
- Scenic Lift Rides: Scenic Gondola Rides are open daily through October 11 from 10 A.M. - 5 P.M.
- Adventure Park: The Adventure Park will be open weekends only from September 11 to October 11 from 10 A.M. - 5 P.M.
- Golf: Killington Resort's golf course is open to the public from May 29 through October 11, 2021. Visit Killington.com to book a tee time.
- Events: Killington is hosting tons of great events. Check them all out at Killington.com.
General Stark's Pub will be serving dinner Thursday - Saturday from 4:30 - 8:30 P.M. and Sunday Brunch from 10 A.M. - 2 P.M. Visit MadRiverGlen.com for menu and more details.
- Fall Foliage Rides to Sunshine Corner - Saturdays from September 25 through October 30: Green lift will run from 11 A.M. - 4 P.M. for views and brews, with the grill going at Sunshine Corner. $20/ticket online or at ticket window.
- Alpine BrewGrass Fall Fest: Green Chair lift rides ($30, includes the music) to festival featuring Saints & Liars and other bluegrass bands. Brews, views and music from 12 noon - 4 P.M. at Sunshine Corner (2 bands) followed by 2 bands (inc Saints and Liars) at the Tavern in the evening (5:30 - 10 P.M.). Lift ticket up Green Chair will be your ticket to the Sunshine Corner and Tavern concert which will be available online and at the ticket window. Food and brews available all day.
- Fajita Night: Thursdays through October 14 at the Black Line Tavern.
- Seafood Taco Night: Fridays through October 29 at the Black Line Tavern.
- 23rd Annual Mount Snow Oktoberfest - October 9: Our Mount Snow Oktoberfest is back with the beer, schnitzel and Oom-pah music that you love. Enjoy a selection of beers from German and domestic breweries as well as authentic German fare. If safety protocols allow, we’ll have annual games like the keg toss, yodeling contest and stein holding. Tickets will be available to purchase soon and they will be limited!
- Scenic Lift Rides: Scenic Lift Rides are available Friday - Sunday from 10 A.M. - 5 P.M. through October 11
- Mountain Biking: The Bike Park is open Thursday - Sunday from 10 A.M. - 5 P.M. through October 11
- Golf: Tee Times at the Mount Snow Golf Club can be booked Monday - Thursday from 8:30 A.M. - 5 P.M. and 8 A.M. - 5 P.M. Friday - Sunday. Book your tee time online at MountSnow.com.
- Scenic Chairlift Rides: Take a scenic ride on the Sunburst Six chairlift and get a different perspective of the Vermont landscape. Hike the trails, have a picnic, take some photos, enjoy the view! You'll be able to hike all the way down or ride the lift back when you are done. Open weekends only plus Monday October 11 from 10 A.M. - 5 P.M.
- Mountain Biking: The Bike Park will operate from the Sugarhouse Lodge across from the Sunburst Six lift and variety of progressive terrain will be open on the lower mountain served by the South Ridge Quad A lift. Please note: Due to ongoing lift improvement project this summer, the summit trails Scrambler and Shake and Bake will not be open. There will be no lift service for mountain bikes to the summit. Open weekends only plus Monday October 11 from 10 A.M. - 5 P.M.
- Mountain Coaster: The Timber Ripper Mountain Coaster is Central Vermont's favorite four-season attraction, offering a scenic and exhilarating ride through alpine forests and along the contours of the mountain at Okemo's Jackson Gore. The roller coaster ride, manufactured by Wiegand, features maintenance-free stainless steel tubular rails for a smooth run down the mountain. Sled-like cars carry two passengers in comfort but can be handled easily by one alone. The riders are in control of the speed, and this gives them a unique hands-on experience, encouraging repeat visits. Open weekends only plus Monday October 11 from 10 A.M. - 5 P.M.
- Fall Foliage Boat Tours: If you’re looking for a unique fall foliage experience, this is the trip for you. One of our guides will motor you along the beautiful, serene Waterbury Reservoir. Tours operate daily from September 20 through October 11.
- Fall Foliage E-Bike Tours: Leaf peep in a whole new way! Lamoille Valley Bike Tours invites you to step out of your car and onto an electric bike to view the spectacular beauty of Vermont’s foliage up close and personal with a self guided E-bike adventure on the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail. Tours operate daily from September 20 through October 11.
More events and activities can be found at Smuggs.com.
- Gondola Sky Ride: Get on top of summer and Vermont’s greatest views the easy way – in the famous, and completely refurbished, Stowe Gondola SkyRide. From the top of Mt. Mansfield – Vermont’s highest mountain – you can access hiking trails and a sweet treat at The Waffle. Open daily from 10 A.M. to 4:15 P.M. through October 17 (weather permitting).
- Auto Toll Road: Zig and zag your way to the summit ridge of Mt. Mansfield along the historic Toll Road, where stunning views of Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains await you. Open daily from 9:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. through October 17 (weather permitting).
- Spruce Peak Summer Concert Series - Thursday nights through September 23: Join us on the Spruce Peak Village Green for an evening of amazing music, great food and outdoor fun. Experience celebrated musicians in a unique, stripped-down format while enjoying the magical setting of the Green Mountains.
- Stowe Farmers Market: Every Sunday from 10:30 A.M. - 3 P.M. through October 10, the Stowe Farmers’ Market offers an incredible assortment of local fresh vegetables, meats, cheese, milk, berries, maple syrup, bread and baked goods, pickles, flowers, herbal products, mushrooms, fermented vegetables, thirst quenching beverages, mead and spirits. The prepared food vendors have got you covered for lunch at the market: from irresistible BBQ to pot-stickers, crepes or samosas, to farm pizza or fresh local salads and ice cream for dessert. Craft producers offer stunning handmade jewelry, bags, pottery, photography, slate works, glass work, collages, paintings and more. New 2021 Location: 2043 Mountain Road. This is the Stowe Motel/Snowdrift field right before Edelweiss and directly across from Darkside Snowboards.
- Harvest Fest Weekend - October 9: When Vermont's leaves burst into vibrant color, Stratton’s HarvestFest brings flannels and Fall cheer to the Village with endless family fun. Enjoy live music, scenic lift rides, peak fall foliage, and delicious food options along with the season finale of mountain biking, scenic lift rides and golf. Saturday events include: Mountain Chili Cook Off, Brewfest, and live music by Saints & Liars and Ghost of Paul Revere. Sunday features the North Face Race to the Summit and live music by Blues Traveler! Get your tickets and more info at Stratton.com.
- Scenic Lift Rides: The summit of southern Vermont’s highest peak is only a scenic ride away. Board the Gondola for views that stretch clear across four states. Your 360 perspective takes in the White Mountains, Adirondacks, Berkshires and the Green Mountain range. Open weekends only from 10 A.M. - 4 P.M. plus October 11.
- Mountain Biking: The Bike Park is open weekends only from 10 A.M. - 4 P.M. plus October 11.
- Golf: Tee times are available daily from 8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
- Community Weekend - October 9 & 10: Join us Saturday and Sunday, October 9th and 10th, for one of our favorite events of the year. Community Weekend features scenic lift rides, pumpkin carving, harvest-inspired dining, hiking, music and more! Scenic Lift Rides are free for all 2021-22 IKON and Sugarbush pass holders.
- Fresh Hops Festival - October 10: Join us for Vermont's first Fresh Hops Festival as we bring ten of Vermont's most innovative breweries together to feature the special flavors of fresh hopped beer. Only 300 tickets will be available. Guests will receive a pour card for fifteen 5 oz. pours and a commemorative Fresh Hops Festival logoed glass. Non-drinkers and designated drivers are welcome to join, and do not need a ticket. Please leave pets at home. Live music in the Lincoln Peak Courtyard by The Vermont Bluegrass Pioneers.
- $35 Thursdays at Sugarbush Golf Club: Foursomes play golf at the Sugarbush Resort Golf Club for just $35 per person on Thursdays after 11:00 AM. "$35 Thursdays" must be mentioned and $140 fee for TEE TIME paid when making tee time. Available through October 21.
- Waitsfield Farmers Market: Come enjoy one of the best and most comprehensive farmers' markets in the state. You can find fresh produce, plant starts, fruit trees and bushes, maple, honey, flowers, seedlings, eggs, meat, cheese and other farm products, as well as a large selection of crafts made in Vermont, baked goods, and prepared food. Saturdays through October 16.
- Mountain Biking: Lift-served mountain biking is available weekends only from 10 A.M. - 5 P.M. through October 11.
- Scenic Lift Rides: lifts will spin weekends only from 10 A.M. - 5 P.M. through October 11.
- Mountain Biking: Suicide 6 and Mt. Peg trails are free, open and available for pedal access!
- New England Falconry: New England Falconry has partnered with the Woodstock Inn & Resort to provide an exciting new guest experience at the Resort's falconry center in Woodstock, Vermont. Open Thursday - Monday 9 A.M. - 4 P.M.
Finally, don't forget about Season Pass Deals! Best pricing deadlines are fast approaching. Get your 2021-22 Season Pass today!